Ruby on Rails (RoR) is very popular Web application frameworks. It is easy for developers to compare Ruby on Rails with other frameworks.
Let’s look at basic differences between Ruby and other languages, below comparison give a simple idea to advantages and disadvantages in Web development:
Ruby vs PHP:
- A PHP code can executes faster than a RoR code. but a Ruby on Rails application has fewer lines of coding as compared to the same complex application written in PHP :(
- Ruby on Rails applications works well with UNIX-based server
- TDD/BDD with test suite code in Ruby on Rails application is simple and fast. In PHP, testing modules and coding is a bit difficult and not easy to understand as compare to rails.
- RoR application has a clear code structure(mvc) than PHP
- few frameworks like Zend, Codeigniter, and CakePHP support PHP. In the same way, Vintage, Sinatra and Rails support Ruby.
- PHP requires less memory space than Ruby. Therefore, PHP applications generally run faster than Ruby on Rails applications.
Post a Comment